Self-service kiosks play a vital role in improving customer service becoming more commonplace across many industries:
- travelling: ticketing and information kiosks;
- government: visitors registration, DMV assistance;
- healthcare: patient check-in, appointment booking and rescheduling;
- retail: directories and wayfinding);
- restaurants: ordering kiosks.
That’s great. But the reality is customers often need extra help, especially if they are a first-time user or use kiosks infrequently or have additional questions.
The easiest way to deal with this is to provide user with a contact center phone, just like at the picture on the left – “For assistance please call 1-800-…”. In some cases companies even allocate a person to assist kiosk users.
But is there a better approach?