Since 2018 Belarusian Railway provides information services to its passengers through kiosks deployed on railway stations.
An online self-service application allows them to check the timetable, find the right route and calculate its price.
But what if a client needs to learn about transfer rules and railway services? Still passengers need an option to talk to a live representative.
And this is how it works…
There is a “Live assistance” button embedded into the self-service app which makes a video call to a remote representative using the kiosk camera, mic and speakerphone.
All the video calls are processed by a contact center software with RichCall on top of it. Queuing, call routing and reporting features are provided by a contact center software while video and collaboration goes through RichCall which also records all interactions.
- 24 self-service kiosks with live video assistance option
- 12-seat contact center
- 300 video calls daily on average with up to 600 calls during the peak time
In addition to video calls contact center agents enjoy the “co-browsing” feature allowing them to guide the client through the kiosk application .
So what are the benefits?
1. Self-service saves time by decreasing the total amount of staff needed to resolve customer issues;
2. Having all support staff in one place simplifies quality management and agent training.
3. Co-browsing helps to solve app-related issues faster.
4. Video and collaboration features improves the company image and customer loyalty.
5. Video allows supporting hearing-impaired passengers on any railway station.
6. Deploying several kiosks on large stations helps reduce passenger queues.
1. Client UI – configurable width of the widget
The widget width (including size of the video) is now configurable to better fit the website content and business case.
2. Configurable service availability time
You can configure service availability time including weekends and holidays.
3. Agent UI – client bandwidth monitoring
The agent can now see the client bandwidth for audio and video.
4. New mode “Live assistant for kiosk” is implemented
See the live demo at https://richcall.io/interactive-video-kiosk/
5. Video call forwarding
When the call is forwarded to another agent RichCall session follows the call (external PBX).
New customer satisfaction metric support is implemented.